Improvements lead to state-of-the-art labs in KY, MN
Let’s face it—we’re in a service business. Your patients depend on you to get them highly customized products in a short amount of time. And you depend on optical labs like ZEISS’s to make that product correctly, and to the patient’s satisfaction.
So how does ZEISS keep up with the demand for eyeglass lenses that serve the public’s changing needs, while maintaining stringent quality standards and excellent turn times? The answer: we invest in innovative technology, new equipment, and a lot of construction.
Here are some of the lab improvements happening now.
Our Hebron lab is now state-of-the-art in terms of advanced equipment and processes, and is supporting significant growth in the that segment of the market that does in-house edging. Up next:
- Completion next year of major construction, increasing square footage and adding capabilities.
- Installation of new technologies being developed at our headquarters in Germany.
- Hiring and training up to 190 new skilled lab workers.
For all this investment, the Hebron lab received the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce’s Thoroughbred Award!
St. Cloud, Minnesota
The ZEISS Lab in St. Cloud is where we do all the experimental, latest-and-greatest coatings and processes. So it’s no wonder we’re adding:
- The newest technology in AR coating
- The newest technology in hard coating
- Expanded free-form surfacing capabilities
- $1M in building refurbishments and upgrades
Thanks to Barry Lannon, Director of Lab Operations, Carl Zeiss Vision US for giving us the latest on our state-of-the-art labs!