Teamwork is extremely important for the success of a company. It has often been described as one plus one equals three. On teams, people can work together and accomplish much more than they could by themselves.
Work is more fun when you are a part of a team. You can build on other team members’ ideas and share in completing the assignment together. You also have another pair of eyes to look at the work, which reduces errors and mistakes. Studies show that laughter and fun reduce stress, which can increase effectiveness on the job. Teams that enjoy working together can accomplish great things for a company and great teams achieve their goals, again and again.
Here are six ways to improve your teamwork
- Put yourself in situations where others depend on you. You won’t matter until you matter to others.
- Engage in something where failure matters. Eject casual and safe.
- Think first about getting on someone else’s team. Don’t fret about who’s getting on your team.
- Celebrate diversity. Tension is the doorway to creativity.
- Eliminate drifting. Expect participation and contribution from every team member.
- Work through conflict in the open. Secrets make teams dumb