Here Comes Sunshine From Florida!
New Year’s Resolutions
How effective are they?
My extensive life experience (we are talking quantity) has led me to believe that they really don’t work. More often than not they lead to disappointment rather than inspiring motivation. Of course we could give up on them altogether. But then, there is something so inspiring about new beginnings. Last year’s negative stuff can be swept away like cobwebs and we can build on the experiences that were successful. In theory this is simple. However, in practice we lose determination as time goes on. What if………………we could change to a New Day Resolution?
After many years of trial and error I have come to understand that simplicity and accountability are key to make any lasting changes. My goal for 2015 is expressed in one word that applies to all aspects of my life:
Synergy accompanies my day on my desktop, on my phone, as notes in my office, and many other places. My daily To-do list ends in the following questions:
- How was my Synergy today?
- What actually got accomplished?
- What am I proud of?
- What did I learn about myself and others?
- How did I bring out the best in others?
- How did I sabotage “Synergy?”
- What will I not do tomorrow?
- What behavior would I like to see more of in myself?
- How will I start fresh with people and projects tomorrow?
- What was the best thing that happened to me today?
The really cool thing is that even my Toyota Prius has Synergy as part of its name.