It is important to remember that our patients determine the value of eyeglasses, not us, not our industry. You may have the best selection of durable, heavy, long lasting metal frames. And, if your patients don't value durable, heavy, long lasting metal frames, you are tragically irrelevant. Spend as much time understanding the people you serve as you spend understanding yourself.
10 Things to understand about your patients
- Pain points
Purpose and value
- Create patients/customers/followers by meeting needs and enriching lives.
- The center of your business, leadership, or management is the people you serve, not you.
- The only way to create, serve, and retain customers is to deeply understand them.
- In today's and tomorrow's economy you will be measured by how much value you add to the lives of those you serve.
- Without a customer you are irrelevant.
The Patient-centric Optician
- Speak to their aspirations not yours.
- Bring valuable-value to them.
- Broaden your influence by meeting universal needs and aspirations.
- Listen to your heart. But, listen to them as well.
You are always relevant when you understand people and meet needs.